Pilates studio – small group Pilates classes for fitness and health
The qualified and experienced teachers in our Pilates studio run a wide range of Pilates classes for all levels of experience and physical fitness. We can help you learn the basics of Pilates and include it as part of your overall fitness and health plan, as well as having a lot of fun and meeting local people with similar interests.
– Small group Pilates classes (maximum 7 people in a class) so you can get personal attention from the teacher.
– Sessions for all standards from beginner to advanced.
– You will always be progressing and working with people of a similar standard.
– We can also provide individual lessons in our Pilates studio if you want a one-to-one session with a teacher.
Just get in touch and we can advise you on the best classes for you and help you get booked in.
* Highly reviewed Pilates studio and classes with top ratings from our Barnes area participants on Google and Facebook local reviews
* People who attend our small group Pilates classes for male and female participants in our private studio rate them the best available locally
* The qualified and experienced teachers in our Pilates studio have very varied backgrounds and teaching styles so we are sure you will find a Pilates teacher ideal for you (see our staff page for more information)
* Whether you want to come to our studio for a look around, a free trial class or to book a full term of classes, just give us a call on 020 8876 5690 and we will help you organise it
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a beautiful movement technique with exercises to improve core stability, posture, body awareness and increase flexibility and strength. It promotes a sense of body control that carries through to everyday life with increased confidence and reduced chances of injury.
The exercise Pilates was originally developed by Joseph Pilates, who dedicated his entire life to improving physical and mental health during the early 20th Century. Today Pilates is a well-known exercise and lifestyle across the globe and is a popular choice of exercise for millions of people worldwide.
We have written a guide to Pilates and the classes we run – click the image on the right to download the PDF document.
Benefits of Pilates
- It exercises core muscles and works all parts of the body so you’re able to strengthen your lower back, abdomen, hip and pelvic muscles, improve posture, legs, backside and abdomen so you can undertake everyday tasks more easily and help resolve back pain and other muscular ailments
- Learn how to elongate and stretch muscles while building strength which helps you develop a long, lean and toned body without bulky muscles so you can look and feel great
- Gentle but challenging exercises that provide a safe form of exercise regardless of your current fitness level, weight or ability. Our classes are run as termly courses so you are always improving and developing along with the other members of your group
- Helps you focus on your body, breathing and mind and how they all work together to improve your overall body confidence and mental health
- When combined with an improved diet and aerobic exercise, Pilates can assist with weight loss. It brings a more healthy and rounded lifestyle, raising metabolism and helping to get you moving and active
- From the age of 50 we lose about 2% of muscle power per year unless we actively work to combat this deterioration. Pilates helps you learn how to move efficiently, improve balance, strengthen your muscles and this reduces the chances of injuries or falls so you can maintain a fit and healthy body and mind as you grow older
Our classes do vary and each teacher has their own style and approach, so do pop in or give us a call for a chat so we can help you find the perfect Pilates class for you.
What do people think of the classes in our Pilates studio?
This short video shows our Pilates studio during a class and gives some feedback from people who have taken our classes.