Yoga studio – small group yoga classes for fitness and health
The qualified and experienced teachers in our yoga studio run a wide range of yoga classes in various styles and for all levels of experience and physical fitness. We can help you learn the basics of yoga and include it as part of your overall fitness and health plan, as well as having a lot of fun and meeting local people with similar interests.
– Small group yoga classes (maximum 7 people in a class) so you can get personal attention from the teacher.
– Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yang and Hatha yoga for all standards from beginner to expert.
– You will always be progressing and working with people of a similar standard.
– We can also provide individual lessons in our yoga studio if you want a one-to-one session with a teacher to progress more rapidly.
Just get in touch and we can advise you on the best classes for you and help you get booked in.
* Highly reviewed yoga studio and classes with top ratings on Google and Facebook Reviews from our local Barnes area participants
* People who attend our small group yoga classes for male and female participants in our private studio rate them the best available locally
* The qualified and experienced teachers in our yoga studio have studied a wide variety of yoga styles and have very varied backgrounds so we are sure you will find a yoga teacher perfect for you (see our staff page for more information)
* Whether you need to come to our yoga studio for a look around, a free trial class or to book a full term of classes, just give us a call on 020 8876 5690 and we will help organise it
What yoga styles do we teach in our yoga studio?
Vinyasa Flow yoga classes
Vinyasa, also called “flow” because of the smooth way that the poses link together, is a very popular style of yoga. It is a broad classification that includes many different types of yoga, including Ashtanga and power yoga. The flow of vinyasa movement is in contrast to other styles like Hatha, which tends to focus on one pose at a time with a rest in between. In Vinyasa flow yoga, the sequence of movements can be fixed, with the poses always done in the same order but usually, vinyasa yoga teachers have the discretion to arrange the progression of poses in their own ways and adjust it to meet the requirement and abilities of their students. Each vinyasa, or movement, is synchronized with a breath. The breath acts as an anchor as you move from one pose to the next.
Yin Yang yoga classes
Yin Yang yoga blends two styles of yoga into one practice – with the benefits of passively holding yoga poses as well as more dynamic sequences and standing postures. Yin and Yang are Taoist concepts describing the two relative qualities present in everything – Yin is more internal, passive and downward, while Yang is more external, dynamic and upward. In this style of yoga, Yin Yoga is a slower practice where poses are passively held for longer, working on the deep, dense connective tissues and joints in the body. Yang Yoga refers to a more active practice working on the muscles and blood flow, building strength, stamina and flexibility.
For a balanced yoga practice, it may start with Yin yoga to calm the mind and work on the joints before the muscles are warm, then move into more dynamic movements (Yang) and end with longer held poses to relax and calm the nervous system.
Hatha yoga classes
Hatha is a general category that includes most yoga styles. It is an ancient system that includes the practice of asanas (yoga postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises). These help bring peace to the mind and body, preparing the body for deeper spiritual practices such as meditation.
Today, the term Hatha is usually used for classes that will be relatively gentle and slow, great for beginners or students who prefer a more relaxed style where they hold poses longer.
Our classes do vary and each teacher brings their own style and approach, so do pop in or give us a call for a chat so we can help you find the perfect yoga class for you.